Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Long Time No Sanity

Well it seems like forever since I've written on here. Honestly I've been so busy I sorta forgot I have a blog. We finally closed on our house on May 10. It's all kind of a blur since I was sick as a dog for the closing and most of the move. I sat in the office where we had the closing shivering from my fever and trying not to cough all over the nice lady running the show. I'm sure she wondered why we were buying a house since I wasn't excited one bit when we were done. All I really wanted to do was go home and sleep. Actually I feel like doing that now. We're all moved in, one room painted, one room fully unpacked...and all I want to do is nap. I am so tired and stressed out that I'm having a hard time enjoying being a new homeowner. To me it just looks like a lot that we have to do, time we have to spend, money we have to throw away and sleep we have to lose. To my optimistic husband, however, it looks like something we can make our own. Something that has great potential. Usually these rolls we play are reversed. I'm ususally the optimistic one and he the pessimist. It's funny to me that something this huge could turn us into the opposite of what we normally are. I'm sure it will just take me a bit to see the diamond in the rough that he does. After painting the living room I can already begin to see a home emerging.

If you check out my hubby's blog (www.bjmay.blogspot.com) you can see more details about the house - if you can wade through the politics and humor.

I'll try to post some pictures as time goes by - I'm great with the camera but don't have much computer time at home to get them up here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home